Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ry's Mesa Meal



When we all decided to head to Vegas, Lesli and Allie requested to eat at Bobby Flay’s restaurant, Mesa Grill. Well, their wish came true last Sunday, and I must say it was a treat for our taste buds. If you don’t know me by now I’m addicted to seafood, and my favorites are scallops and shrimp (I’m worried one day I might turn into a crustacean). So when I was looking at the menu my eyes were drawn to ANCHO CRUSTED SEA SCALLOPS, with Crawfish-Green Onion Sauce. I was so glad I chose this dish because it was pure luxury to my mouth. The scallops were dusted with ancho pepper which means Poblano pepper in Spanish; it gave off a mild peppery flavor. The scallops were cooked perfectly, seared with a rare center. They were sweet and tender and melted in my mouth. The crawfish-green onion sauce was the icing on the cake, they had mixed crawfish meat in with the sauce, so every nibble had a crawfish tail on top. I must say it was great and different and if I’m ever at Mesa again I will be sure to order the same thing.


P.S. I’m sure this was only 4 points. ha! OH and Bobby, if your reading this please contact me, I have something very important to ask you.