Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How I Start Almost Every Morning....



I call myself the smoothie master in my house....its not hard to be the "master" in a household of two...but still...my smoothies are pretty darn good if i do say so myself....

I came up with this smoothie recipe during my first run with Weight Watchers. I was doing the CORE plan, and found that i could have a large smoothie every morning for minimal points. I don't know if any of you have tried the Weight Watchers 1 point smoothie, but I was pretty disappointed with it. If you go to Smoothie King, a 20 ounce smoothie (their smallest size) will cost you between 7 and 15 points. I am not even going to go into what the larger ones total to. My smoothie recipe makes a 24 ounce serving, is sure to fill you up, and will only cost you five points.

Ingredients:


  • 1 cup frozen unsweetened peaches


  • 1 small peeled banana


  • 1 cup Orange Peach Mango Juice (i typically use the Trader Joe's brand, but Dole makes a delicious version of this too and can be found in any grocery store)


  • 1/2 cup of Fat Free Plain Yogurt


  • 4 packets of Splenda


  • 1 cup of cubed ice


Directions: Throw it all in, blend and ENJOY!


Points: Flex Plan= 5 points, Core Plan = 2 points