Wednesday, February 18, 2009

30 {60} day shred


Lesli here... let's talk the 30 day shred. I've been doing the 30 day shred for 60 days now. I can not tell a lie... it hasn't been 60 consecutive days, but it has taken me 60 days to get where I am now. Before you start pointing fingers and calling me a slacker sister, please know that I like to mix it up to give my body a break and make sure my mind doesn't get bored. In my off time I enjoy spending time with the elliptical, the treadmill, free weights and machines. Oh and there was a spontaneous dance party in my living room on Saturday.


I enjoy the shred, so I do a lot of blog searching and twitter searching for shred mention and let me tell you ~ it's out there! I suspect that many of you reading this here post are either 1 of 2 things... 1. Doing the Shred or 2. Own a copy of the Shred!


This past Sunday I finally made it to level 3 and I thought that some encouragement/insight might be nice to share with those of you that are in my same Jillian Michael's Shredding boat. Hey, it's always nice to know you're not alone.


1. The first couple of times you do workout #1 you are going to feel like you are going to fall down with each step you take. Justin did the shred with me the first few times I did it and after the first time he shredded I had to check his pulse for life, because I was afraid that Jillian made me a widow.


2. Jillian is not lying when she says that you're probably seeing a difference in your endurance. Do NOT get down on yourself if it isn't on day 5. You WILL see a difference in your endurance and you'll be surprised when you wake up and you aren't all that sore.


3. If you are an out of shape fat-ass (like myself) you will probably not move on to work out #2 on day 11 or work out #3 on day 21. I definitely thought I'd be able to advance to each work out after 10 days, and it just wasn't that easy for me. I'd spent the last 10 years getting out of shape and expected to be back there in 10 days.


4. If you have the routines memorized, turn Jillian down and turn your music up! By now I have Jillian memorized... "For years you've been told to just take the stairs. That is a false message of lethargy that isn't doing you any favors."


5. IT GETS EASIER! I promise. For the past week or so I've been too chicken to do level 3, so I would do level 1 & 2 back to back. Then I did level 3 and you know what... it wasn't easy, BUT it wasn't nearly as hard as that very first work out!


I think that can only mean one thing... I'm getting stronger! All of you can too if you keep up the good work and stick with it! I'm guessing y'all are wanting to see a progression picture? How about next week? Next week I PROMISE I will strip down AGAIN and show and tell. Then you can be the judge of how well the Shred is working!


xoxo happy hump day friends!