Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thoughts from the trail

The other day I was driving to work & thought to myself - good grief I am in soooo much pain! Actually, its not far off from how I feel at this exact moment! Which of course got me to thinking about why I am putting my body through all the rigorous training in the first place and through those thoughts I learned a valuable life lesson that I think we can all benefit from. 

It made me realize that in every goal we set if we're going to reach it, it's not going to be easy & there's probably going to be a lot of pain.  For me, I'm running a marathon, because I want to believe about myself that I can do anything I put my mind to.  

My friend Camille posted a quote the other day that I love "a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step." that's true of ALL of our journeys, be it trying to lose weight, trying to eat better, to work out more often or to finish your first marathon.  We all have to start somewhere! 

It takes a lot of thought, effort & patience to get where you want to be. There is no magic pill that will make you skinny in 2 weeks or prepared for a marathon in that length of time.   The thing is, we all have to start somewhere & it's going to be hard & probably a little painful, but the truth is ~ we WILL get there!  I just know it!