Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Run Forrest Run.....

Well it's time to fully commit. I said that once I worked up to running 3 miles, that I would get real running shoes. I have been rockin' the $35 New Balance sneakers that I bought 2 years ago from TJ Maxx. They have done me well. When I decided to run the marathon, I went to the Big Peach Running Co. in Atlanta, got the stride of my run analyzed and my feet scanned to find the perfect running shoe. I like running shoes with lots of gel, because if my feet hurt, it just isn't going to work. I ordered my running shoes weeks ago, but of course I had to get the pink ones, so it took a few weeks to come in. Running shoes are no cheap purchase, but I am sure I will get good use out of them, and they will help with my running tremendously. These are not the exact shoes that I ordered, but they are very similar. They are made by Asics.

We went down to LA....lower Alabama for the weekend to visit my family. I got up at 6am on the 4th of July with my Grandfather,"Papa". He took me to the local track so I could get my run in. All weekend long he bragged to anyone who would listen about how I ran THREE MILES. He was very proud, and that made me feel good. I know it may not sound like a really long distance, but its the longest distance I have EVER run in my life. I have to add 10 miles to that which is a bit intimidating, but at least I'm off to a good start.

I also want to send some love to Lesli, who has been kickin' butt and taking names with her marathon training. She is up to 12 miles, bless her heart... You can do it Girl! I'll be there at the finish line cheering you on! Sixty days and counting!!