Thursday, July 2, 2009

HAPPY 4th of July!

What are everyone’s planes for this weekend? I love the 4th of July! I found a healthy recipe that you all could make for your BBQ this Saturday…simple, delish, and pretty! Recipe is below. Our plans are to grill out and then head to a little town near by and watch the fireworks on the lake. I would love to hear about your plans for the 4th!

ALSO, I’m always talking about myself and how I’m doing with my weight loss journey. I would love to hear about your diet. Please email me on how you’re doing or if you have any tips and I will post it next Thursday. I’m sure it would be a motivation for others to see! My email is rmendell7244@aol.com. Hope to hear from you!



Ingredients

1 8-ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 of an 8-ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
3 cups fresh raspberries and/or cut-up fresh strawberries
3 cups fresh blueberries

Directions
1. In a large bowl, stir together yogurt and almond extract or vanilla. Fold in whipped topping.
2. To serve, in six 12-ounce glasses or dessert dishes, alternate layers of the berries with layers of the yogurt mixture. Makes 6 servings.
Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare parfaits as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour.

Nutrition Facts
Servings Per Recipe 6 servings
Calories 129,
Total Fat (g) 3,
Saturated Fat (g) 2,
Cholesterol (mg) 2,
Sodium (mg) 26,
Carbohydrate (g) 21,
Fiber (g) 8,
Protein (g) 3,
Fruit (d.e.) 1,
Other Carbohydrates (d.e.) .5,
Fat (d.e.) .5,