Tuesday, August 4, 2009

dreading the home stretch

Hey FatChicks! I've been traveling for business for the past week & didn't have an extra second to devote to the old blog, but you've been on my mind and I've been needing your help. Above is a picture of me starting my long run on the Sunday that I was out of town. 16 miles on 1 single treadmill. If you're not a runner, translate that to mean ~ that SUCKS real bad!

I'm not far from my marathon... in a couple of days I'll be 1 solid month away. Hear me now ~ I've hit a WALL. It's a mental wall, because barring any humidity problems my physical self feels great. Half way into the above pictured run, I sat down on the treadmill and cried. At that point I had watched TV, listened to my iTunes, watched a movie, listened to Pandora, listened to NOTHING, but I could NOT focus. So, I turned my iPod onto Eye of the Tiger and rallied, but it wasn't easy.

I'm here today to find out what inspires you, what motivates you to keep moving forward? I've come this far and it kills me that after every run I think ~ that was a bad run. The worst part to me is that sometimes I even try and talk myself into quitting all together. I want to finish strong & I know I can do it, but I'm going to have to dig down deep. Can any of you help me do that?