Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The best damn fish I’ve ever made

(I want to start off and say this week I lost a pound. I also purchased Jillian Michaels Detoxify and burn pills and started them today. I will let you know how it goes.)

OK... MY IDEA…..For Christmas Jim got me a weight watcher cook book, so over the weekend I tore it open and was flipping through the pages. To my surprise they had some good stuff. So I thought I would give it a try…the recipe was named, Asian Sea Bass. I ran to Publix to buy my sea bass but there was none to be found, the nice seafood man said try halibut, it has a similar taste. So I brought it home and that night I made the best fish I had EVER cooked. Jim and I were amazed that it came from my weight watcher cook book! SO this has sparked something. I loved the movie Julie & Julia and wouldn’t it be neat if I blogged my way through the Weight Watcher cookbook…well I do! SO I’m starting…I’m posting my Asian Halibut recipe below, with no pictures. But from here on out I’m taking pictures and rating them on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being WONDERFUL for a diet. This weeks menu from my WW cook book, Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers & Orange Chicken with Broccoli. Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! I’m thinking 2010 is going to be a great and exciting year!

CHEERS! RYAN

Ryan’s Modified Asian Halibut
Ryan's RATING 10

3 points for 1 fillet, juices, and ½ cup rice

1 pound of Halibut fillets, cut into 4
6 Scallions
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger (I used pickled ginger)
2 Teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons Asian dark sesame oil (I had this but I’m sure olive would be fine)
2 cups cookie white rice
It didn’t call for garlic but I added some anyways

Place halibut on foil square, make them large enough to wrap tight into a package

Sprinkle with half scallions, all of ginger, 1 tablespoon of soy, oil, and garlic, wrap them up tightly.

In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Place the packet in the skillet, reduce heat and steam, tightly covered, until the fish is just opaque in the center, it took me exactly 10 minutes.

Place fight on top of rice, and then pour remaining juices over the rice and fish, garnish with remaining scallions and soy. THIS SHIT IS GOOD!